On May 18th 1932 "a meeting under the chairmanship of Mr R. W. Crampton was held for those interested in tennis...to discuss the formation of a tennis club" in what was then called the Homestead Estate, now known as Chelsfield Park. Its first Annual General Meeting was held on 10th October 1932 with Mr Crampton elected as the first chairman. Play was first held on May 6th 1933, the club having at first one grass court. The annual subscription for Chelsfield Park residents was initially set at 7s 6d, and for non-residents (permitted to join "only if playing facilities permitted") at 12s 6d.
The club is now open to all on the same terms and all are welcome regardless of where they live or their playing standard.
SInce 1935 the club has been affiliated to the Lawn Tennis Association.